Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TGS 2008: The Latest Last Remnant Trailer is New Levels of Epic

Square Enix has just released a brand new trailer for its upcoming "RPG for the World," The Last Remnant, for TGS 2008. Take a watch below:


Now, I've been waffling a little bit on this title. On one hand, I like a lot of the art direction, and the story seems like it could be good, but on the other, I still don't know how I feel about the battle system (I really need some hands-on time with it to know if I like it or not).

Regardless, this latest trailer can only be described as EPIC, and if nothing else, at least shows that Square Enix still knows how to tell a cool story. You have my attention, Square Enix.

The Last Remnant will be available worldwide on Xbox 360 on November 20, 2008. There is still no release date for the PlayStation 3 and PC versions.

2 comments:

Billy said...

This trailer has a weird look to it, like everything in the game is made of shiny metal, even the characters' skin and hair. I don't remember getting that impression from earlier screenshots and movies... Anyway, I'm not sure what to think about this game. Somehow the more I see of it, the less interesting it looks. It just seems jumbled, like I'm watching a compilation of ideas and images from all different games, that don't fit together very well.

Brandon said...

Really? I don't mind the graphics. I do think they look perhaps a little plastic-y (or perhaps greasy-ish), but I don't know about metal...

Either way, they look like a rather good take on the original art, and a pretty good job of "photorealism" for what they are.

What worries me about this game is whether or not it will play well. It looks kind of like a cross between Final Fantasy XII and the SaGa games, two titles that really don't sit well with me, so I am a little uneasy. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt though.