Thursday, October 9, 2008

TGS 2008: 7th Dragon Trailer is Sufficiently Old School

Gather 'round young gamers, and let me tell you a tale as unbelievable as it is true. A tale of many years past. For there was once a time when high-end CG cutscenes, real-time HD 3D, and dramatic special effects were not used to make RPGs. Nay, but instead everything was rendered with 2D 16-bit sprites and pixel sound.

These were simpler days to be sure, and Sega would like to bring them back via 7th Dragon. Gaze upon the trailer embedded below and relive RPG sensibilities of yesteryear.



BTW, those CG cutscenes look terribly out of place in this game. Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'd play it! I kinda like old school style!

Brandon said...

For me, I ask them to lose the CG movies then call me. The game itself looks interesting, but done up to be all "3D awesome hardcore" is just... embarrassing.