Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sony Reveals Demon's Souls

Remember yesterday when Sony said they have 9 PS3 games to announce that weren't on their official list? Well, here's one of them: Demon's Souls.

Developed by FromSoftware (Evergrace, Enchanted Arms), Demon's Souls is described as an action-RPG set in a dark fantasy world.

Unfortunately, the currently available scans are too difficult to read to give you full details at this moment, but from what I skimmed over, it appears that the game will be focused only on one player-created hero (who is nameless, as far as I can tell) who will be pitted against gigantic boss monsters (seemingly a common theme in a lot of darker action-RPGs these days).

Though I honestly have to say that I don't have a lot of faith in FromSoftware as an RPG developer (I don't mind their action games - especially when they're cheap), it is nice to finally see Sony shelling out for some exclusive RPGs.

Demon's Souls will be available for PlayStation 3 sometime next year from SCEJ, and will be playable at TGS next week.



I will take translation requests for the first two pages (I won't translate the interview on the last two pages) once some easier-to-read scans hit the internets.

No comments: