Friday, October 17, 2008

Mother 3, Persona 2: Innocent Sin No Longer Moonspeak Only

If you like Japanese RPGs, there are some downsides to living in North America. Probably the most well-documented problem is the fact that North American publishers just can't seem to bring themselves to bring every single JRPG over. Quite unfortunate for obsessive compulsive collectors like myself.

Well, if you were interested in either Atlus' PlayStation RPG, Persona 2: Innocent Sin (the prequel to the released Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) or Nintendo's GBA follow-up to Earthbound, Mother 3, then it might interest you to know that fan translation projects for both games have recently finished.

In order to take advantage of these brand-spankin' new patches, you'll have to be computer-savvy enough to download the patch and the notROM, find a compatible notEmulator, and play them on your notComputer. However, I suspect you are all very capable if you can find my insignificant blog. ;)

The Mother 3 fan translation can be found here courtesy of translator Tomato and Fobby.net

The Persona 2: Innocent Sin translation can be found here courtest of blogger/translator Gemini.

This is why the internet is awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome, now where can I find a rom and a player?

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but if I was FROZEN in the cold of the winter months, I wouldn't be able to even play any ROMS at all, y'know?

I think the fan translation site lists where you can get some good emulators and patching programs.