Monday, October 20, 2008

RPGs of the Week: Too Many RPGs Edition

\I hope you all had good weekends. Though I'm sorry to report that your wallet may be feeling rather light this next weekend, as there is a massive flood of incoming RPGs.

Here are the RPGs shipping to retailers this week (October 20 - 24, 2008).


North America
AWAY: Shuffle Dungeon - Mistwalker, Artoon, Majesco - Nintendo DS
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Konami - Nintendo DS
Eternal Sonata - Tri-Crescendo, Namco Bandai - PlayStation 3
EverQuest: Seeds of Destruction - SOE - PC
Fable II - Lionhead, Microsoft - Xbox 360
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 1 - Hothead - PSN
Star Ocean: First Departure - tri-Ace, Tose, Square Enix - PSP

Japan
Akumajou Dracula: Ubawareta Kokuin - Konami - Nintendo DS
Baroque International - Sting - PlayStation 2
Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou tai Abbadon-Ou - Atlus - PlayStation 2
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Ultimate Hits) - Square Enix - Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy III (Ultimate Hits) - Matrix, Square Enix - Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Ultimate Hits) - Think and Feel, Square Enix - Nintendo DS
Garnet Chronicle - Matrix, Sega - PSP
Kimi no Yuusha - SNK Playmore - Nintendo DS
Soul Eater: Medusa no Inbou - Namco Bandai - Nintendo DS

Europe
Fable II - Lionhead, Microsoft - Xbox 360
Star Ocean: First Departure - tri-Ace, Tose, Square Enix - PSP

Wow that's a lot of stuff.

AWAY and the newest Castlevania are looking quite attractive for the DS this week, while PSP owners should be excited to get their hands on the remake of the original Star Ocean.

PS3 owners who missed the Eternal Sonata boat over a year ago can now hop onboard, while 360 owners will be lining up out the door for Fable II (which is why I'll wait for day 2).

Japan gets a metric ton of Square Enix DS reprints, as well as what might be the last notible RPG on the PS2, Devil Summoner 2. They also score the new Castlevania, along with the visual novel-inspired Kimi no Yuusha for DS, and Garnet Chronicle for the PSP, the spiritual successor to Astonishia Story.

Whoa. I'll be getting Fable II, AWAY, and Castlevania. What about you?

4 comments:

Billy said...

Castlevania looks pretty cool, but I need to go back and finish up Portrait of Ruin first. I'm also intrigued by Fable II even though I don't usually go for WRPGs... I think I'll add that to my list of games to pick up whenever I finally get around to getting a 360.

Brandon said...

Yeah, Ecclesia looks pretty sweet. I also loved Portrait of Ruin (my personal favorite in the series so far), so I'm hoping the new one is awesome.

I just picked up Fable II last night. I generally don't like WRPGs either, but Fable II is so far pretty cool. I completely lost track of time while playing it, which is usually a good sign. However, I've heard that if you just do the story, it's pretty short.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brandon said...

spamming will not be tolerated.