Monday, July 7, 2008

Wishes Do Come True: Persona 4 comes to NA in 2008

It really should be no secret to anyone around here that I love Megami Tensei games, and that I have a special place in my heart for the Persona sub-series. Persona 2 and 3? Fantastic! Persona 4? Oh how I long for thee!

Well, I predicted it (as I'm sure others did too), but Atlus USA, being the bringers of joy and happiness that they are, went ahead and officially announced Persona 4 for North American release this year!

Persona 4, the 5th installment of the popular Megami Tensei sub-series, is set to release this week in Japan in both a standard and a collector's edition. Atlus USA has announced that P4 will be released in North America on December 9, 2008 in a 2-disc set (the other disc will be a select soundtrack, as with the release of P3), and will retail for the awesome MSRP of $39.99. Sweet.

Though I knew this was coming, it's always nice to hear it from the publishers themselves, and it certainly makes it easier to subdue our jealousy of the Japanese release this week. The only downside to this news is that now I have to think up another E3 prediction before Wednesday. Damn it, right?

I've included the North American announcement trailer below. You can also check it out on P4's official North American website.



Now if only NIS would get around to announcing Ar Tonelico II.

No comments: