Monday, July 28, 2008

RPGs of the Week: Japan has more RPGs than You Edition

I wasn't fully aware of just how many RPGs come out in Japan compared to North America until I started the RPGs of the Week feature. Sure, I figured they inevitably got more than us, but I never would have thought it was this much more!

...That being said, I'm not sure I would want half of the RPGs that they get. Some of them look pretty laym.

Anyways, my inferiority complex aside, here are all the RPGs shipping across the 3 main regions this week (July 28 - August 1, 2008):

North America
Fate: Undiscovered Realms - WildTangent, Encore Software - PC
Legend: Hand of God - Master Creating, ValuSoft - PC
Spectral Force 3 - IdeaFactory, Atlus - Xbox 360

Japan
Dokapon Journey! Nakayoku Kenka Shite - Sting - Nintendo DS
Dokapon Kingdom - Sting - Nintendo Wii
Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Collection (PC Engine Best Collection) - Hudson - PSP
Phantasy Star Portable - Alfa System, Sega - PSP
Tengai Makyou Collection - Hudson - PSP
Tengai Makyou: Dai 4 no Mokushiroku - Hudson - PSP

Europe
Growlanser: Heritage of War - Career Soft, Rising Star - PlayStation 2

I'll be picking up Spectral Force 3 for my 360, and possibly looking into a few of the portable Japanese games, (besides inevitably getting Soul Calibur IV ;P)

Anything looking good to you this week?

No comments: