Monday, July 28, 2008

NIS America gives you Ar Tonelico II for Christmas

So, you thought Square Enix giving you Chrono Trigger for your DS, and Atlus giving you Persona 4 for your PS2 were pretty good Christmas presents, right? Well, NIS America is getting in on the festivities and offering JRPG fans yet another game for their holiday playtime: Ar Tonelico II.

Yes, the game hinted at by RPGFan, and heavily rumored by RPGLand has indeed come to fruition. This announcement has been a while coming, and I know that a lot of Gust fans (myself included) have started to get worried that it wouldn't happen.

But via OPM this month, At Tonelico II has been confirmed for North American release this December, courtesy of NIS America. There is currently no press release from NIS, but we expect to see one by the end of the week.

Having loved the first Ar Tonelico to death, I'm very excited get my hands on the sequel. I don't know, there's just something I find very charming about Gust's titles, and Ar Tonelico definitely takes the good things that Gust has done with the Atelier series and applied it in a way that is both familiar and completely new at the same time.

So, anyone else as stoked for this game as I am?

No comments: