Friday, July 18, 2008

E3 2008: Sega Western Round-up

Sega really didn't have much of an RPG presence at E3 this year. Despite their decidedly massive amount of JRPGs in development (World Destruction, Garnet Chronicle, Infinite Line, Valkyria Chronicles), they showed almost none of them. (Valkyria Chronicles got a 1/2 second of screen time at Sony's press conference under the wrong console. Sega was none to pleased about it either.)

What Sega did show were a couple of their upcoming Western-developed RPGs. Check out the round-up below.

Golden Axe: Beast Rider (Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)


Developed by Secret Level
Published by Sega
Available Fall 2008 in North America


Alpha Protocol (Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3)



Developed by Bethesda Softworks
Published by Sega
TBA 2009

I'm still not sure how I feel about these games... They look decidedly average to me. But then, I'm not the biggest fan Western RPGs ever had. I liked Mass Effect though, so I'm trying to keep an open mind these days.

I find it extremely curious that VC and Sonic Chronicles received so little attention when both are very close to release over here (certainly closer than Alpha Protocol). Then again, I've never claimed to understand why Sega does the things it does.

No comments: