Monday, July 14, 2008

E3 2008: Final Fantasy XIII Goes to Xbox 360

Well, there goes the internet.

In Microsoft's E3 press conference, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada made a guest appearance to announce the unthinkable: Final Fantasy XIII will go multiplatform and arrive on Xbox 360.

Though no release date was given, it was announced that both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions would launch simultaneously in North America and Europe. It will apparently remain a PlayStation 3 exclusive in Japan for the moment.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, however, will remain on PlayStation 3.

Wow. Excuse me, I think the internet just exploded. I'm going to get my fireproof suit now.

UPDATE: The FFXIII trailer shown during the press conference is now up courtesy GameTrailers. Check it out below.


2 comments:

Billy said...

Crazy. I would never have believed this before yesterday. I feel like everything is up in the air now. The console "war" was over before it started for me-- I probably can't afford both, and FF13 is the game I care about most, so, done and done. Now, I have to reevaluate everything I thought I knew! (Still need to wait for reviews of course... if FF13 on Xbox comes on 46 discs and doesn't perform as well, it's still PS3 for me.)

Brandon said...

Yeah, I don't think anyone saw this coming. Microsoft isn't usually very good at keeping secrets, but FFXIII came out of left field for pretty well everyone.

But more RPGs for my 360 is always a good thing. =)