Monday, July 28, 2008

Atlus and NIS Reprint a Few Games that You Might Have Missed

Okay, so this is probably old news for most of you, but since Ar Tonelico II just got announced, I thought I'd put a plug in this morning in case anyone who reads this blog didn't know this yet.

A few relatively rare PS2 RPGs recently got the reprint treatment and are going for pretty reasonable prices at various spots on the internet.

The games in question are Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, and NIS America's Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia, and Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

Disgaea has already seen a few reprints before, and besides the existing PSP port, it is also on its way to DS this September, so we're pretty confident that you'll be able to get yourself a copy of it somewhere if you really want to play it.

The other three games, however, all saw very limited printings, and people who didn't pre-order them probably had some trouble tracking down copies. (I personally paid $100 on eBay to nab my copy of Digital Devils Saga a couple of years ago. Luckily, I pre-ordered Ar Tonelico, and was able to find Nocturne for a reasonable price.)

Each game is available on Play Asia for a measly $44.90. Additionally, Ar Tonelico is also available via Rosenqueen for $19.99.

Note that none of these reprints come with the same premium boxsets, etc. that came with the first printings, but honestly, they are still very much worth their prices.

So, anyone miss out on these games and planning on picking up a reprint?

5 comments:

Billy said...

I've picked up each of these. I actually wound up with two copies of Ar tonelico because Rosenqueen started offering the free soundtrack after I'd already picked one up on GameQuestDirect. Guess I'll wait until it gets all rare again and then unload it on eBay. Haven't even opened AT yet but I'm already planning on preordering ATII. :P

Brandon said...

Ar Tonelico is kind of a niche game. Most people seem either to love it or hate it.

If you liked other Gust games, you should likely enjoy AT. I know I'll be pre-ordering AT2 for sure.

Billy said...

I was sold on this series just from the art. I'd love to get a chance to crack open AT soon but there's still some higher priority stuff in the backlog and just not enough hours in the day.

Giggity Gavin said...

I would love to pick up Digital Devil Saga, but sadly I have so much backlog I would never play it. The deals are tempting, I have been thinking about them all week.

Brandon said...

I would say that out of this pack, DDS and Ar Tonelico are must buys. Nocturne is fun if you're an absolute MegaTen fanatic, but is maybe too much for newcomers to the series, or people who don't have a million years to invest in demon collecting.

They're all good games, but AT and DDS are the cream of the crop (imo).