Friday, July 25, 2008

Final Fantasy XIII is also going to PC. I thought you knew that?

So, I've seen this around the internet a little bit, but most people have kind of missed or totally ignored the fact that Final Fantasy XIII isn't "betraying" the PS3 just once, but twice!

Yes, Final Fantasy XIII was officially announced to be heading to PC, on top of Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In fact, it seems that the game was announced for PC during Square Enix's press conference at E3. I guess people (myself included) were more caught up with the other announcement that they didn't quite catch this one.

So, to sum up, even if you don't own a PS3 or 360, you'll still be able to get your hands on FFXIII (provided you have a PC that can run it). Good news for those who have yet to make the jump to 7th generation hardware, but for some reason have high-end PCs.

Still no word on when Final Fantasy XIII will launch, but I have my money on 2010. Earliest.

2 comments:

Billy said...

There seem to be conflicting reports on this... maybe translation issues? I've read on other sites that the game is being *developed* on PC, but there's no commericial PC *release* planned.

Brandon said...

Yeah, it's not 100% clear, but the impression I got was that it was on PC as well. This may turn out not to be the case, but for now, I've read both North American and Japanese reports about it, so I thought I should report it.