Friday, September 19, 2008

Square Enix Revives GBA Kingdom Hearts for Christmas

I hesitate to report this news, as I dislike Kingdom Hearts and the perception that it has given to the RPG genre. My feelings aside, however, Kingdom Hearts has a rather sizable and very vocal group of core fans, so I feel compelled to at least mention what the hardcore KH fan among us already knows full well.

Via their official website, Square Enix has announced that Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories will be available on PlayStation 2 in North America on December 2, 2008.

For those out of the Kingdom Hearts circle (where I would recommend you stay), Chain of Memories was a KH side-story that was released on GameBoy Advance back in 2004. The game supposedly bridges the events between the first game and its proper PlayStation 2 sequel.

The game was remade for Japan a while back, included exclusively in a re-release of KH2 called Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix +, but was never confirmed for international release. Well, I guess the incessant whining of Kingdom Hearts fanatics over here finally convinced Square Enix to release the remake on our shores.

What boggles my mind is that even though these "fans" got their wish and the game is coming over, they are still complaining that they aren't getting the re-release of KH2. Really, are moderate additions to a game something to get so worked up over? I'll never understand Kingdom Hearts enthusiasts.

For the enthusiastic, Square Enix has unveiled the game's official site here, which currently features only a splash page.

No comments: