Monday, September 1, 2008

RPGs of the Week: Undiscovered Edition

Happy Labor Day or Labour Day (depending on where you live). Even though I thought everyone would be taking a break this week, it seems game publishers are still shipping RPGs. Good news for those of us who like them.

Here are the RPGs shipping across all major platforms this week (September 1-5
, 2008).

North America
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (Greatest Hits) - Nippon Ichi, NIS America - PlayStation 2
Infinite Undiscovery - tri-Ace, Square Enix - Xbox 360
Odin Sphere (Greatest Hits) - Vanillaware, Atlus - PlayStation 2
Super Mario RPG - Square Enix, Nintendo - WVC

Japan
Blue Dragon Plus - Mistwalker, feelplus, AQ Interactive - Nintendo DS
Drag-On Dragoon (The Best) - Cavia, Square Enix - PlayStation 2
Drag-On Dragoon 2 (The Best) - Cavia, Square Enix - PlayStation 2
The Elder Scrolls IV: Obilivion (The Best) - Bethesda, Spike - PlayStation 3
Zettai Karen Children - Konami - Nintendo DS

Europe
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Platinum) - Bethesda, Ubisoft - PlayStation 3
Final Fantasy IV - Matrix, Square Enix - Nintendo DS
Infinite Undiscovery - tri-Ace, Square Enix - Xbox 360

The big RPG of the week is tri-Ace's Infinite Undiscovery for the Xbox 360 (if you live in North America or Europe, that is), while Japan will have to make due with Blue Dragon Plus, an anime-licenced RPG, and some reprints. Probably for the best, what with the 360 shortage over there right now.

I'll be picking up IU this week, but it will stay sealed for a while as I'm still completely hooked on Tales of Vesperia.

Are you picking up anything this week?

EDIT: Whoa! I just found out that Super Mario RPG will be available on Wii Virtual Console this week. I've amended the list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely picking up IU today!!
And yeah I'm agree with you Brandon, I'm busy with my ToV too..>_<
What's your Gamertag, Brandon?

Brandon said...

I know what you mean. I'd like to play IU right away, but ToV is just so addicting! It's like I can't do anything else! (Not necessarily a bad thing).

Sorry, I don't really go on Xbox Live much. I'm thinking of signing up later this year, but right now a Silver account does everything I need.