Friday, September 19, 2008

New Valkyrie Profile DS Trailer is Deceptively Cool

I feel a little torn over Valkyrie Profile: Toga wo Seou Mono (The Accused One). On the one hand, I'm sure my love for all things tri-Ace is already well-known among the regular readers of Sword Machine. On the other hand, I'm sure you also know how ho-hum bored I am with SRPGs and handheld games.

So tri-Ace and Square Enix release this new trailer (embedded below), and it is, of course, smoking hot. It's like, "Hey, it's me, Valkyrie Profile! You like me a lot right?" And so I get all nostalgic and excited.



But then I watch the gameplay for the game (below), and I remember that yes, this is still an SRPG, and yes, it is still on DS. And then I get kind of depressed about it.



Valkyrie Profile: Toga wo Seou Mono will be on sale in Japan and breaking my heart on October 30, 2008 on Nintendo DS. There is currently no word on a North American or European release.

No comments: