Friday, September 12, 2008

New Sonic Chronicles Trailer is Underwhelming

I think that BioWare is a very talented and capable development studio. I used to love Sonic the Hedgehog, and I think the series still has a lot of potential (which it is not using). So Sonic Chronicles should be the answer to many discouraged Sonic fans' prayers.

And it still might be. I haven't played it. I don't know.

However, this recent trailer released by Sega kind of makes me worried. It's not that this trailer is especially bad or anything. But it also isn't especially good or anything. It's just... there.

It's like, yep, you can play as Sonic. Yep, it's an RPG. Yep, it's on DS. ...And that's it.

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic here, but my enthusiasm for this game just dropped a notch. Watch the trailer and tell me I'm wrong. Please?

No comments: