Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Scan Storm

Below are the scans from the latest issue of Famitsu that aren't new announcements, per se. I'll give you a quick rundown of what the articles cover, along with platform and release dates (where available), but I'm not going to fully translate the articles here.

You are free to request a translation for one of them in the comments below (as with other articles). ...Except for X-Edge. I'm sorry, but I consider cross-over RPGs to be blasphemy in its greatest form. Kingdom Hearts? Chaos Wars? Unbelievably painful excuses for games (in my opinion) with ridiculous character placement and superficial (at best) storytelling. If you like such games, more power to you, but I'm not translating an article for a game that has Aurica and Misha (from Ar Tonelico) hanging out with Darkstalkers characters.

Anyway, off the soapbox and onto the scans!

X-Edge (Cross Edge)
PlayStation 3
Compile Heart
Available September 25, 2008 (Japan)



The article mostly covers new character additions from Ar Tonelico, Disgaea, Blazing Souls, Spectral Souls, Atelier Marie, Mana Khemia 2, and Darkstalkers. There is also a short blurb on costumes for all your moe needs.

Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou vs. The King of Abbadon
PlayStation 2
Atlus
Available October 23, 2008 (Japan)



There isn't much here that you don't already know. However, it is revealed that Raidou will be able to make use of new weapons, including axes and spears.

Kizuna: Golden Bonds
Nintendo Wii
Jaleco
Available This Winter



The second article on Jaleco's upcoming cell shaded action-RPG Kizuna, this article features introductions to a few new characters and details the battle system a little bit, including enormous boss monsters and a Lost Odyssey-esque attack screen (1st page, bottom center).


Kizuna looks like the most promising out of these 3 RPGs to me, though I'm sure the new Devil Summoner title will be entertaining.

Thanks to Gamekyo for the scans (which are all very nicely scanned this time around! Bonus Points!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome of you to be accepting translation requests. There's a rumor going around that Cross Edge is apparently coming to the States, but out of those 3 I'm probably most interested in Kizuna too... I wouldn't mind reading a translation if you're willing to type it out.

By the way, a while back I posted a comment on your blog about a Stacker 2 contest going on where entrants can win a PS3 or Xbox 360. I was wondering if you'd be interested in making a post about the contest on your site to give a heads up to your readers who are PS3/360-less. Let me know via e-mail if you're interested and I'd be happy to give you more info and materials for a post. Thanks for the translating and such.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Brandon said...

Hi Franklin.

Unfortunately, I don't generally post articles on contests from other sites. Sorry.

I would be happy to translate the Kizuna article, though. It'll probably be up sometime early next week.

Thanks for reading.

Unknown said...

Hi Brandon,

That's understandable. Is it alright if I continue commenting on some of your posts to give a heads up to those reading that way? Of course I'll stay relevant to the topic as well... let me know if that's a problem.

And I appreciate you translating the article. I'm a huge Team ICO fan and Kizuna reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus...

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Brandon said...

As long as the comments remain relevant to the article. If it gets too spam-y, I'll have to moderate it.

You understand, right? :)

Unknown said...

Indeed. Thanks for letting me know.