Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Venetica is Still Alive, Here are Screens to Prove it

If there are any out there who remember Venetica, the European-developed action-RPG following the daughter of Death, you might be wondering why things have been so hush-hush about it. Well, I don't know why either, but the game is still alive and well, and publisher DTP has sent some new screens to prove it.

Included with the screens, DTP and Deck13 have given some new details for the title as well. One main feature is the Twilight World, where souls go after death. Scarlett (the game's protagonist) will be able to travel between the world of the living and the Twilight World in order to converse with characters that have already passed on. She will also revert to this world if defeated in the world of the living.

The main antagonist of the game (as revealed so far), Viktor, also resides in the Twilight World, where he threatens both worlds using the stolen power of the Grimm Reaper.

According to the press release (which I'm too lazy to post in its entirity), the game is still on track for a 2009 release on Xbox 360 and PC, so I suppose that's good news. I'd personally like to see the game in motion a little more, but I guess I'll take what I can get for now.

3 comments:

Billy said...

You could mistake this for a particularly nice-looking GameCube game... Graphics aren't everything of course, but yikes.

Anonymous said...

Yes graphics aren't that good, but the art style reminds me of Fable 2. Can't wait to try this game and hopefully they release a demo beforehand. I'm most excited about the new console version of The Witcher coming this fall as far as WRPG's go.

Brandon said...

I agree with Anon about the game's art style reminding me of Fable II.

Probably not going to win any graphics awards, but I think it certainly looks better than a GameCube game. :(

I think it looks like it has some cool potential. Looking forward to getting my hands on it. :)