Friday, January 16, 2009

Watch a Star Ocean 4 PA Cutscene

Holy crap, I can't believe how bad my writer's block is today. I can't think of anything witty to say about this video. Like, at all.

It's a cutscene from tri-Ace and Square Enix's upcoming Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and is apparently from a Private Action involving Lymle and Faize. It's pretty funny, though I don't know how great it would be if you can't understand Japanese.

Watch it below, and if you can't figure out what's going on, let me know in the comments and I'll give you a rundown.



The animation in this scene is actually pretty good. It really helped my fears that it was going to be super awkward... (phew)

UPDATE: Here is the translation for the above video, as per request. Enjoy! :)

Edge: …What are you two doing?
Faize: Edge-san, please say something to her! It’s too dangerous to summon a Kerberos here!
Lymle: Wanwa isn’t violent, you know. He’s a good boy, you know. Watch. (sticks her head in Wanwa’s mouth)
Edge & Faize: (gasp!)
Lymle: See? It’s no problem. There’s nothing to be afraid of, you know.
Faize: I never said I was afraid!
Lymle: Then you try it too, Faize.
Faize: F-fine.
(Faize sticks his hand in Wanwa’s mouth, but pulls away quickly before he bites)
Faize: What was that about being a “good boy”?!
Lymle: Hmm… Messed it up…
Faize: Did you just say you “messed it up”?!
Edge: Uh… you probably shouldn’t normally summon him around here after all…

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope will be available on Xbox 360 on February 19, 2009 in Japan, and on February 24, 2009 in North America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can kind of get the gist of it. But could you please translate what their saying?

Brandon said...

no problem. the translation should be up on this post now. :)