Wednesday, January 28, 2009

RPGs Dominate the Xbox 360 Charts in Japan

In news that should surprise roughly no one, 2008's biggest 3 Xbox 360 titles in Japan were all RPGs. And I bet you could name them all without even looking!

They are, in order, Namco Bandai's Tales of Vesperia, Square Enix's The Last Remnant, and tri-Ace and Square Enix's Infinite Undiscovery. Shocking stuff, right?

In addition to these obvious titles, other RPGs also managed to rank in decently. Bethesda's Fallout 3 ranked in at number 8, Lionhead and Microsoft's Fable II pulls the number 12 spot, and Mistwalker and Microsoft's Lost Odyssey shuffles in at number 26 (not bad for a 2007 title).

Check out the full list scanned from Famitsu Xbox 360 below.

2 comments:

Fab said...

こんにちは,
Sorry to bother u, i saw that u read "ファミ通xbox360". I desperatly need an information inside this magazine. Since i cannot get this information where i am (in france) i respectfully ask u to help me. So, it's about the french title of a monthly article writting by a french man called Greg (Gregoire Hellot). His article have a title in japanese and a title in french. May i ask u to send me either the information or a scan of the very page ? I need that for tomorrow last. Thank you very much for your time and help.
さようなら

Brandon said...

Hi Fab,

Sorry, but I don't have a subscription to ファミ通Xbox360, I just occasionally post scans if I find something online.

I regret that I can't help you track down your article.

ごめんなさいね