Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Crystal Bearers is Kind of... Different

If you were to mention 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles' to me, I would probably stop listening to you, just because my experience with the Crystal Chronicles FF spin-offs hasn't been exactly what I would call positive. Basically a stripped down hack-and-slash game with loose references to Final Fantasy.

Well, Crystal Bearers wants to change my mind about the series. It says, "Hey man, I'm story-driven, implement innovative controls, and feature voice acting!"

"I'm listening," I say.

It then proceeds to show me this next trailer.



And then I say, "....wtf did I just watch?"

I'm still a little wary of Crystal Chronicles, but the trailer is at least interesting.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers will be available for Nintendo Wii, but has yet to receive an official release date.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is indeed an interesting trailer. At first I thought I was looking at a far west comedy because of the music lol.
The power to grab everything you want and throw it away looks like fun, I wonder when this game is comin out in Europe, I hope not any time soon, I have too many rpg to beat yet, like Lost Odyssey and Infinite undiscovery.
Also I wanted to say I love your blog, I watch it almost everyday and it´s always full of handy information. Now I´m even thinking about buying Star Ocean 4, when I had no idea of this game before I met your blog lol. Thanks for the great work, keep going ^_^

Brandon said...

Hey Nyoko,
Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you like the blog! ^_^

Yeah, I also got kind of a weird Western feeling from the first half of this trailer. I'm still not entirely sure what direction Square Enix is taking this game, but it's at least one to keep an eye on.

Anonymous said...

You are welcome ^^, I just thought it was time to comment something since I´m always looking around.

Well, although the trailer doesn´t tell us much about the game, it does make something clear, that the gameplay is not turn based, and that´s great for me, cause I love games like the Tales of Saga or Infinite undiscovery.
Actually I think they should make more games with a gameplay like IU, I cherished the fact that the battles take place without wasting time on cutscenes and loading, which happens in Lost odyssey and thogh I love the game it still bothers me a little.
Oh well, let´s wait and see how square handles this one since christal chronicles was a little dissapointing, I have yet to beat it but it´s nearly impossible doing it alone.
Sorry for the blabbering and the bad english, it´s not my language.

Brandon said...

I like action-RPGs better too, though I also like good turn-based ones. (Persona 4 and Lost Odyssey come to mind.)

Your English is actually really good. What is your first language?