Tuesday, January 13, 2009

RUMOR: Magna Carta 2 to be Published by Namco Bandai

This is kind of a case of Captain Obvious Strikes Again for me, but apparently not for anyone else, so I figured I'd report it.

According to games blog videogaming247, Korean developer Softmax has contacted them to let them know that their upcoming(?) Xbox 360 RPG, Magna Carta: Crimson Stigma, will be published by Namco Bandai.

I thought this was kind of "no duh" since Banpresto has published the other Magna Carta titles (except the first game which was on PC and apparently only released in Korea by Softmax themselves). Since Banpresto was acquired completely by Namco Bandai in 2006, all of their titles have (obviously) been published by Namco Bandai (though the Banpresto label still remains to a certain degree).

If you didn't know the whole Banpresto/Namco Bandai thing before, just pretend like you do now. ;)

In any case, Softmax allegedly told videogaming247 that all official news regarding the game (including a release date) would have to come from Namco Bandai.

Again, since I can't substantiate any of this info myself, I have to label it a rumor for the time being.

No comments: