Tuesday, January 6, 2009

RUMOR: Magna Carta 2 Still Alive, Gets New Name

According to French gaming blog, Widgamer, Softmax and Banpresto (Namco Bandai) RPG, Magna Carta 2, is still in development for Xbox 360, and has been renamed to Magna Carta: Crimson Stigma.

According to what I understand from the post (my French is terrible), the game's development is still underway, but the developer will not be announcing a tentative release date until they are happy with the game's development course (implying that there have been some bumps in development up to now). The developer also alledgedly released the two screens below from the game.



Announced back in 2005 as one of the first RPGs for the Xbox 360, Magna Carta 2 has been silent for so long I had assumed that the game was epically canceled. Guess not.

As a note, I can't confirm where this blog got its info from, so I have to label it as a RUMOR for the time being. If it's true, I hope the battle system is much better than the PS2 Magna Carta...

No comments: