Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Final Fantasy XIII on Asian Xbox 360s

So, Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360. This is apparently still a big deal, as any article on nearly any site that mentions it gets roughly a billion views and 17 million comments (except Sword Machine because we rock like that).

You should all remember that Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 only in North America and Europe. Well, it looks like that's out the window, as a recent Microsoft press event in Taiwan showed it off for Asian regioned Xbox 360s (most people usually think of the "Asia" region as "Hong Kong," but it does cover a rather large area, including Taiwan and South Korea, but not Japan).

Take this news however you'd like, but my take on it (and most Japanese Xbox 360 gamers' take on it) is that FFXIII on 360 in Japan is just a matter of time.

Thanks to XNEWS and Kotaku for the tip.

What do you think? *zips up flame suit and readies banhammer*

1 comment:

ACiD said...

No one noticed (except me I guess) but Kitase said that they'd likely release the game in Asia (minus Japan) shortly after the announcement at E3.

MS has published every Jrpg in Asia in english, so it doesn't surprise me. This announcement won't help JP gamers though. It'll be the english version for sure, so...

I expect Japan will get an international 360 version a while after the US version has been out. So I wouldn't hold my breath if I was a JP 360 fan without a Ps3.