Monday, August 11, 2008

RPGs of the Week: Europe Only Edition

If you were hoping to pick up a brand new RPG this week, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed, regardless of what system you own and what region you live in. Amazingly, there appears to be absolutely no RPGs coming out this week anywhere.

The following 1 game is being released during this week (August 11-15, 2008).

North America
(None)

Japan
(None)

Europe
Baroque - Sting, Rising Star - Nintendo Wii
Baroque - Sting, Rising Star - PlayStation 2

The discerning reader among you will notice that I said the Wii version of Baroque was set to come out in Europe last week. Well, I guess Rising Star chose to delay it so that it would come out at the same time as the PS2 version. Or something.

What is really surprising this week is the lack of even a portable RPG in Japan. It's like some kind of weird episode of the Twilight Zone...

Since I assume you're probably not buying a new RPG this week, any thoughts on what you want that is coming out soon? Or something that you neglected to buy previously that you'll be getting this week?

1 comment:

Billy said...

I just picked up Star Ocean 3 and Final Fantasy II, PSP version. There's not really anything on the immediate horizon that I'm excited about (even if I had a PS3 or 360). Lots of recent DS RPGs I'd like to pick up, but for $40 I can wait for price drops or Christmas presents, whatever comes first.