Monday, August 4, 2008

RPGs of the Week: Tales of Vesperia in Japan Edition

Another week, another set of releases. Well, sort of.

Below are the releases for all the platforms across the three major regions for the week of August 4-8, 2008.

North America
Ys Book I + II - Falcom, Hudson - WVC

Japan
Ar Tonelico II: Sekai ni Hibiku Shoujo-tachi no Metafalica (The Best) - Gust, Namco Bandai - PlayStation 2
Fire Emblem: Shin Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Ken - Intelligent Systems, Nintendo - Nintendo DS
GrimGrimoire (The Best) - Vanillaware, Nippon Ichi Software - PlayStation 2
Marl Oukoku no Ningyou Hime: Tenshi ga Kanaderu Ai no Uta - Nippon Ichi Software - Nintendo DS
Monster Farm DS 2 - Tecmo - Nintendo DS
Summon Night 2 - Flight Plan, Namco Bandai - Nintendo DS
Tales of Vesperia - Namco Bandai - Xbox 360

Europe
Baroque - Sting, Rising Star - Nintendo Wii

If you live in Japan, I would imagine that you will be picking up Tales of Vesperia this week. And just so you know, I am extremely jealous of you. =(

For those of us in the west, we've got another week of, well, nothing. Unless you're really anticipating a virtual console release of Ys, there's really not much for you. I guess I'll go back to playing Soul Calibur IV and Spectral Force 3, and try not to think about all of the happy Japanese gamers who have ToV to keep them company.

2 comments:

ACiD said...

Almost bought a 360 again for Vesperia. Just can't bring myself to spend all that dough though. I've given up on wishing for MS to allow third party 360s (like Toshiba or Samsung) but I'm still scared of the dreaded rrod @_@

You getting the Canadian version? I doubt it'll be any different after Soul Calibur iv launching in USA with same crappy bilingual packaging. Scamco has gone the route of NISA it seems. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing?

I got an all english copy of FFIVDS from Best buy though, so I didn't have to buy it over the internet. Good game, but would have been way better on PS2 ala the RS remake. I'm sure they're going to remake it again though since they claimed 1/3rd of the story was cut originally and would be brought back, but is wasn't according to reviews...can't wait to eventually own 15 copies of this bloody game.

Brandon said...

Yeah, Namdai has gone to bilingual packaging it seems. It sucks to have French on my games, but its nice that I don't have to wait to import them (plus pay shipping and duty, etc.)

...And RRoD is a lame reason to not buy a 360. I know you got one and that sucked, but you DID have a 2006 Core. My Elite has never hiccupped, and Mike's Pro is still humming along just fine. The price looks like its gonna drop again in September, plus the better chipset and the extended warranty...

My PS2 crapped out and Sony certainly didn't fix it for me. I think the RRoD is blown way out of proportion, and I don't see why it prevents people from playing games they want?