Thursday, August 14, 2008

Divinity 2 Graces Xbox 360 and PC with its Presence

I haven't gamed my PC a lot since I was a lot younger. I still do a little bit, but not enough to consider myself an avid PC gamer by any stretch of the imagination. With that in mind, please excuse my ignorance when I admit that I've never heard of Divine Divinity before.

Developed by a small Belgian studio, Larian Studios, the original Divine Divinity (released in 2002) apparently was quite well-received, garnering praise and honors from various critics. It gained a few expansions and spin-offs, and is often compared to something of a cross between Diablo and Ultima (2 PC games I am aware of).

Anyways! Fast forward to the present: Larian Studios has recently announced that Divine Divinity's sequel, Divinity II: Ego Draconis, is nearing completion, and will appear on PC and Xbox 360 during Q2 2009.

Set in the magical world of Rivellon, Divinity II places the player in the role of a Dragon Slayer who will eventually make his way to the auspicious title of Dragon Lord, and (assumedly) save the world from the return of the Demon.

So far all we have to go on are a few teaser screens and a very lovely soundtrack clip on the game's teaser site. I must say, the game looks very nice. If Larian can present a story and gameplay to match the graphics, they could definitely have a winner on their hands.

No comments: