Monday, August 11, 2008

POLL: Which Translation Do You Want?

Weekly Famitsu publishes a new magazine every week. This is really awesome, as it lets gamers get a look at upcoming games on a weekly basis. It is further enhanced by the fact that Famitsu is privy to a lot of exclusive content. Famitsu also likes RPGs.

So far so good, right?

Unfortunately, this puts me in a bit of a tight spot. I like to read Famitsu, and I like to post what I read for the benefit of gamers who also like Japanese RPGs. However, I don't do this blog professionally, and I don't have all day to devote to translating articles and writing them up here, even though I sometimes wish I did.

So, starting today (with last week's Famitsu), I'm going to post a list of all the JRPGs covered in Famitsu that I have access to and am willing to translate, and I will let you all tell me which ones you really want to read. You have until Tuesday at noon (MDT) to post a comment below with your request.

Here are this week's picks (in alphabetical order):

Avalon Code (DS)
Infinite Undiscovery (360) - I am already going to translate this one, so you don't need to request it
Phantasy Star Portable (PSP)
Sigma Harmonics (DS)
Summon Night 2 (DS)
Valkyrie Profile: Toga wo Seou Mono (DS)
World Destruction (DS)

Please post one comment with only one selection (if you post more than one, I will only count the first game you request) by tomorrow at noon. If you are posting as an anonymous user, please post your first name/handle at the end of your post. (I will stop counting anonymous posts if I get a flood of them.) If there are requests for every game, I will pick the 2 or 3 titles that got the most requests.

You can check out the scans for yourself at RPGLand and Gamekyo if you'd like to see what you are voting for.

I will try to still post the scans for any of games that don't get translated.

2 comments:

Billy said...

I'll vote World Destruction. Don't overextend yourself man, this is a sweet blog but work/school is more important. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

I'll vote World destruction too , it seems an awesome game ,and I really want to play it =D
Good luck for that