Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sega Announces Shining Force Cross

UPDATE: Nice scans GET!

UPDATE 2: Famitsu.com has an article with much easier-to-look-at screens HERE. Article open for translation requests in the comments.

Huh, well I never saw
this coming.

Sega's teaser site for the next Shining Force title was neither Shining Force Gear, nor a home console OR portable title, but a co-op action-RPG for Japanese arcades titled Shining Force Cross.

Interesting.

The scans from Famitsu are unusually crappy this go around, so I can't really make out much, but the graphics appear to be bright and high-def, and the gameplay sort of reminds me of Soma Bringer or Shining Force EXA (Shining Force Isuka in Japan).

It appears that 4 people play simultaneously as you hack and slash monsters, earn loot, and assumedly save the world. (I just made that last part up.)



Since a great many arcade games eventually make their way to consoles, I'll keep my ear to the ground on this game for a possible relevant platform.

Shining Force Cross is expected to hit Japanese arcades sometime this winter.

No comments: