Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bethesda Announces Fallout: New Vegas

In a press conference yesterday, RPG developer and publisher Bethesda Softworks announced a new entry into the Fallout series, titled Fallout: New Vegas.

The new title, due out sometime next year, will be developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a studio notable for their work on Neverwinter Nights 2, KOTOR 2, and Sega's upcoming spy RPG, Alpha Protocol.

New Vegas will reportedly take place in the same universe as last year's Fallout 3, but will not be a direct sequel. Other than that, details are scarce, but we are told that it is being developed for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

While I thought Fallout 3's scale was impressive, the game generally failed to live up to its hype for me, so I can't honestly say that this news really excites me. But I know a lot of people swear by Fallout 3, so some of you are bound to be getting all hot and bothered by this news.

What's your take? More Fallout? Is it alright with you to let Obsidian handle this one?

[Kotaku]
[Bethesda Official Blog]

1 comment:

-Oath said...

Muramasa does have a new puplisher.... whos name has slipped my mind, but it does have a new one.