Monday, April 13, 2009

RPGs of the Week: I Have a Cold Edition

Hello, and welcome to another (slow) week of RPGs!

Let me apologize in advance if updates are a little more sporadic than usual this week, as I'm scrambling around trying to get things in order for a trip to Japan next month, on top of which I seem to have come down with a nasty case of my girlfriend's cold. Awesome. -_-;

Anyway, here are all the RPG releases hitting shelves this week (April 13 - 18, 2009).

North America
City of Heroes: Architect Edition - NCSoft - PC
The Dark Spire - Success, Atlus - Nintendo DS
Dokapon Journey - Sting, Atlus - Nintendo DS

Japan
Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon: Sora no Tankentai - Nintendo - Nintendo DS

Europe
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - Jupiter, Square Enix - PlayStation 2
Phantasy Star Portable - Alfa System, Sega - PSP

North America grabs a couple of Atlus portable titles, notable for their extreme appeal to the niche of the niche gamers, while MMO fans can spend (more) money on a new reprint of NCSoft's City of Heroes.

Japan only gets one RPG this week, but since it has the name "Pokemon" scribbled all over it, you can bet that few will complain over there.

Meanwhile, Europe bags Sega's PSP pseudo-MMO Phantasy Star Portable, as well as the PS2 remake of Chain of Memories.

Am I the only one who finds April incredibly depressing for new releases? :(

4 comments:

Giggity.gavin said...

'according to joystiq' Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled comes out in the USA today for $29.99 I don't know if this is right or not have seen on other sites that it is not... but just thought I would throw it out there and see if there is any truth behind it.

Giggity.gavin said...

nevermind I went to the offical ste and it doesn't look like it's out until may. got my hopes up there for a sec.

Brandon said...

Joystiq is about as well-informed as a person who isn't very well-informed. I stopped reading their trash ages ago. :P

Giggity.gavin said...

just what are you saying about me? ha, just kidding.