Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trailer Thursday: All the Trailers I Didn't Post This Week

Sometimes there is media released for an RPG and I just don't have that much to say about it. Rare, yes, but it does happen.

However, I don't think that is a fair reason to prevent such media from reaching your ever-thirsty-for-moar eyes. And since I'm all about the mass propagation of my favorite game genre, I feel like I would be doing you no disservice by posting game trailers that came to my attention this week, though I neglected to mention.

So, enough of my preamble. Watch the trailers and leave exciting and insightful comments!

Shining Force Feather
Nintendo DS
Flight Plan, Sega
Feburary 19, 2009 (Japan)


My comments: I never actually got into the original Shining Force games, so though I've heard that people are cautiously happy that the series is returning to its SRPG roots, my own experience with the Shining Force games limits my excitement somewhat. This condition is compounded by the fact that its on DS.

Suikoden Tierkreis
Nintendo DS
Konami
December 18, 2008 (Japan), March 17, 2009 (North America)


My comments: I find it a crying shame that this game has what I feel are the coolest character designs in the series thus far, and yet are relegated to being rendered in extremely crappy DS 3D. My request to developers: if you absolutely must develop for the DS, please please for the love of God stick with 2D. Crap like this should be punishable by law.

Blue Dragon Plus
Nintendo DS
Mistwalker, feelplus, Ignition
February 2009 (North America)


My comments: The 3rd English trailer from Ignition. Though I appreciate what they are trying to do, I honestly laughed when I saw more EPIC TEXT FLY-INS. To be fair, though, by the end of the trailer, I was sort of excited about Blue Dragon again. So, one thumb up for Ignition. I hope this game works out for you.

Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
PSP
Gust, NIS America
January 20, 2009 (North America)


My comments: Uh... what part of this trailer makes me think this will be any different from the PS2 version? Other than the multiplayer (which I don't need), I honestly couldn't figure out what any of the "new features" the game was offering. That said, the theme song and anime clips are straight out of the PS2 version and kinda made me nostalgic for it. Kinda makes me want to go play a Gust game...

Well, I think that's just about all of them. Nothing really Earth-shattering going on here, but I thought you might enjoy checking out a few trailers that you might have missed. Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

No comments: