Monday, December 15, 2008

The Last Remnant PC Date Vaguely Confirmed... Sort of

Square Enix has just recently dropped info that their "RPG for the World" The Last Remnant will be making its way to Windows-based PCs sometime next spring.

They have also mentioned that the Windows port will have extras that are not included in the Xbox 360 build, though give us no clue as to what those extras might be.

However, this leaves more questions than answers. When, exactly? Will the Windows version be released worldwide simultaneously like the 360 version? Will it require a keyboard/mouse combo, or use a gamepad? Is the texture pop-in fixed? We have no good answers for you, but I suppose for those waiting with bated breaths for the PC version, this news should be welcomed.

Unfortunately for anxious PS3 owners, no mention of the Triple port has been made at this point.

We'll keep you posted.

P.S. The Last Remnant has kind of gotten some bad press. However, I am a ways in on my 360 version, and I rather like it. The texture pop-in is lame, but its no deal-breaker, and the game is rather fun if you like turn-based JRPGs. Also, the graphics are very good, and the English VAs do a great job. But it is quite difficult (read: frustrating) at times. Just my 2 cents.

I'll do a full review after I finish it (and have some time). ^_^;

No comments: