Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Disgaea 3 DLC will Eat your World. Also, Prinny.

Confession time: I haven't paid ANY attention to NIS' Disgaea 3. Maybe it's because I don't own a PS3. Maybe it's because I didn't particularly enjoy the original Disgaea. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my copy of Disgaea 2 is still in its plastic wrap prison. I don't know.

But for those of you who can't get enough Disgaea (I know you're out there), were you aware that Disgaea 3 is not getting its 6th round of DLC? 6th round? Holy crap! Who's buying this stuff?!

More importantly, however, this round of DLC brings some crossover characters into your game, giving you control over a couple of the main characters from NIS' other obscure SRPG, Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (known as Soul Cradle: Sekai wo Kurau Mono in Japan). Namely, you'll be able to recruit Rivea, the female protagonist of the game, Gig, the enigmatic World Eater, and... er... a dragon.

Also, the Hero Prinny from NIS' upcoming not-an-RPG, Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

Rivea and Gig will cost you 200 yen a piece (ouch), the dragon will run you 100 yen, and the Hero Prinny is the ubeatable price of FREE.

This DLC has been available on PSN since late last week in Japan.

I honestly don't know if any of the previous Japanese DLC has been made available for the North American version or not, nor do I have any inkling as to whether or not this set will make its way into your North American wallet. But if it does, would you be interested in it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pfffft its only money i can spend it how i want and this is part of my spending so yah and gig is amazing!!!! hot pods all the way man all the way. revya is sweet to. DISGAEA 3 NUMBER 1 YYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!