Monday, December 15, 2008

RPGs of the Week: Manly Edition

I hope everyone had good weekends, and I hope you are all nearly finished your Christmas shopping. I think I still have half of it to go. D:

If you're in the market for a new RPG for yourself, check out the new releases across the three major game regions shipping this week (December 15-19, 2008):

North America
Rise of the Argonauts - Liquid, Codemasters - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC

Japan
Bokujou Monogatari: Youkoso! Kaze no Bazaar e - Marvelous - Nintendo DS
Fable II - Lionhead, Microsoft - Xbox 360
Gensou Suikouden Tierkreis - Konami - Nintendo DS
Ragnarok Online DS - GungHo Works - Nintendo DS
Tales of Hearts (Anime/CG Edition) - Namco Bandai - Nintendo DS

Europe
(none)

If you live in North America, it looks like your new RPG for the week is full of huge, bulging muscles. If that's not your cup of tea, I guess you're out of luck.

Japan easily gets the largest dump of games, though most of them (read: all but one) are on the DS: Tales of Hearts, Suikoden Tierkreis, Harvest Moon, and Ragnarok Online. They also get Fable II.

Europe gets no love this week. Sorry.

I might give Tales of Hearts and Suikoden Tierkreis a spin. I might pick up Argonauts sometime after Christmas. We'll see.

EDIT: Also, depending on if you believe the Amazon.com listing or not, Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled might ship this week. I emphasize might because, y'know, we haven't heard from Archcraft or Graffiti regarding the matter yet. I advise against breath-holding.

Anything looking sweet to you this week?

No comments: