Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not News: Star Ocean 4 to Span 3 Discs, Will be Expensive

I don't think this is really news, but a few of you may be interested in the fact that tri-Ace and Square Enix's upcoming Xbox 360 RPG, Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope, will be shipping on 3 dual layer DVD-ROMs, tieing it with Blue Dragon for second most discs in a 360 game (with Lost Odyssey, weighing in at 4 discs, remaining the champion).

I personally never got why so many people get upset about changing discs. Really, is it that big of a deal? Though I suppose if you're going to install the entire game on your harddrive, it's going to eat up a healthy chunk of space (approximately 21GB, if my understanding is correct). I have a 120GB HDD, so it's really not a problem for me, but those 360 owners with 20 giggers might be feeling a bit annoyed. But remember, you don't have to install all three discs at once. Or even install it at all.

The other side of this news is that the price for the Japanese version of the game has been released, and is running for an MSRP of 8,925 yen after tax (roughly $90). Ouch.

For gamers on North American shores, this is nothing to worry about as most full retail games clock in at about $60, regardless of what they go for on the other side of the Pacific. For importers like me, however, that's a little painful on my wallet.

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope will be available on Xbox 360 on February 19, 2009 in Japan, and on March 03, 2009 in North America. No European date has been announced yet.

Okay, you can complain below if you want.

No comments: