Thursday, November 13, 2008

White Knight Story Trailers Present an Identity Crisis

I have to be honest, I'm worried about Level 5's Shiro Kishi Monogatari. I really liked Level 5's PS2 RPGs, and though Shiro Kishi has abandoned the cell-shaded anime look in favor of something... weirder, I still figured that the gameplay would pull this title through.

But then TGS came along and all these details on MMO-like functionality. Now, even trailers and commercials for the game present it as two different things. On the one hand, a traditional looking linear action-RPG, and on the other, a kind of psuedo MMO.

Below are two trailers. One epic, one... awkward (and super long).

Story Trailer


Online Trailer


Seriously, if I wanted to play an MMO, I'd play an MMO. I really don't need a game that attempts both. Gah! I'm having terrible Phantasy Star Universe flashbacks! x_X

Shiro Kishi Monogatari: Inishie no Kodou will be available on PlayStation 3 in Japan on December 25, 2008. Still no word on a North American or European release.

No comments: