Friday, November 7, 2008

No Persona 4: FES Forthcoming. Ever.

In case you were a little worried that Atlus might up and surprise you with an improved version of Persona 4 like they did with Persona 3, Atlus themselves came forward today to let you know that they would never dream of such a thing. Says Tim Pivnicny, Atlus Vice President of Sales and Marketing:

"We are today able to announce that at no point in the future will we announce the release of a "FES" version of Persona 4 ...the very finest, most definitive version of Persona 4 will be the one released on December 9, 2008.

So there you go. Buy P4 with confidence. There is no more P4 after this.

My wallet is happy. ^_^ b

Persona 4 will be available on PlayStation 2 in North America on December 09, 2008. It is already available in Japan.

3 comments:

Billy said...

I don't see why this is positive news... Doesn't pretty much everyone think that FES was a big improvement over the original P3? What's the downside to releasing a totally optional, new and improved version of an already-great game? As for the double dip aspect, sell your copy of the original game to pay for the purchase of the new one. Problem solved.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know what was on FES but I didn't want to start my game over again, so I never picked up FES, so I think this is a good thing this way I don't feel like I'm missing anything. So I think this is good news (or Atlus did have a FES planned but though the the PS2's life span would be to far gone, so they decided to with hold the extra version so you'll never know the true ending!). Whatever way you wanna look at it!

Brandon said...

I didn't really feel that FES was a big improvement over the original. It had some new stuff, but felt more like a small expansion rather than a whole new experience. It was probably best for people who missed picking up the original.

And Episode Aigis or The Answer or whatever you want to call it was dumb (imo) as it made the ending of the original P3 very concrete rather than leaving a lot up to the player's imagination.

I'm happy that everything that is going to be in P4 is going to be in it from the get-go so I don't have to re-buy it.