Monday, November 10, 2008

RPGs of the Week: Poisonous Symphony Edition

Hope you all had good weekends.

So there weren't a ton of options if you wanted a new RPG last week. This week, however, there's a bit to choose from.

The following are shipping to retailers in the 3 major regions this week (November 10 - 14, 2008):

North America
Eternal Poison - Flight Plan, Atlus - PlayStation 2
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - Hal, Nintendo - Nintendo DS
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - Ascaron, Atari - PC
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Namco Bandai - Nintendo Wii
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - Blizzard - PC

Japan
Elminage DS Remix: Yami no Fuo to Kamigami no Yubiwa - Starfish SD - Nintendo DS
Fushigi na Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS 2: Sabaku no Majou - Chunsoft, Sega - Nintendo DS
Tongari Boushi no Mahou no 365-nichi - Konami - Nintendo DS

Europe
Dungeon Maker - Global A, Rising Star - Nintendo DS
The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Complete - Turbine, Codemasters - PC
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - Blizzard - PC

North America gets the Wii sequel to Tales of Symphonia, Flight Plan's gothic SRPG, Eternal Poison, some more Pokemon, a PC dungeon crawler, and a WoW expansion.

Japan is exclusively obscure DS titles, including the second Shiren the Wanderer DS entry.

Europe gets Master of the Monster Lair under a different title and two MMO expansions.

What's looking sweet to you this week?

6 comments:

Billy said...

I'm picking up Eternal Poison this week. I'm also putting my copy of Tales of Symphonia up on eBay-- hoping the release of the sequel creates a little spike in demand for the first game.

Anonymous said...

I might buy Tales of Symphonia 2, cause number 1 was just great! Sorry, billy I already own #1.

Brandon said...

I've got Eternal Poison on pre-order (I'm such an Atlus slave...)

I think I've decided on getting a Japanese Wii sometime next year, so I'll get the JP version of ToS2 at some point.

I also already have the original ToS. I somehow doubt ToS2 will be better than the original...

Billy said...

Atlus has my number too. The bonus artbooks they've been offering definitely have me preordering games that I might otherwise have waited on for a few months for price drops.

Billy said...

Also, is it me or has TOS2 flown completely under the radar? I would think it would be a bigger deal, with the good reviews the first game received, plus having the Wii basically all to itself within the JRPG genre. It's like people don't know it exists; I think I've seen more in-depth previews for Arc Rise Fantasia than for TOS2.

Brandon said...

Yeah, well Namdai is typically pretty bad at promoting their RPGs in North America. ToV and the original Xenosaga are really the only JRPGs that I can consciously remember Namdai making an actual advertising effort, and even those could definitely have been better.

It's kind of a shame as I think Namdai RPGs are rather good in general.