Thursday, November 13, 2008

Atlus Announces My World, My Way

The year is nearing (read "speeding towards" in internet time) its end with most publishers and developers sitting back to let the holiday spend itself out before announcing next year's games. But not Atlus. No no, they want you to know that they have plenty more games where 2008 came from.

The latest entry is My World, My Way for Nintendo DS. Developed by Global A (the studio behind Master of Monster Lair), My World, My Way revolves around Elise, a spoiled princess who sets out to save the world on her own schedule.

Reportedly playing on many tried-and-true JRPG cliches, Elise's adventure allows her to change the world around her at will, and gives the JRPG genre a different spin. The game appears to be full of biting sarcasm and inside jokes that only the hardcore RPG fan would appreciate.

To quote (as sent by Atlus) from the game:

"Attention, please! I am sick of RPGs with gender-confused boy heroes with their spikey hair and ginormous swords living out an absurd ultimate fantasy. Is having your village burn down all you really need to be a champion? And a scar on your face is supposed to make you... What, dark and brooding? Try uncoordinated."

Any game that can cosciously make fun of its own genre is well worth a look in my books.

My World, My Way will be available on Nintendo DS in North America on February 03, 2009. It was released in Japan as Sekai wa Atashi de Mawatteru (The World Revolves Around Me) in June, 2008.

No comments: