Monday, January 4, 2010

RPGs of the Week: RPGs for the New Year Edition

Happy 2010! I wish all of you all the best in the New Year!

I will wrap up Opinion Fest 2009 this week for those of you who like to read other people's favorite lists. In the meantime, check out what RPGs are shipping out to ring in the New Year (January 4 - 9, 2010).

North America
Darksiders - Vigil, THQ - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Divinity II: Ego Draconis - Larian Studios, cdv - PC, Xbox 360
Fable II (Platinum Hits) - Lionhead, Microsoft - Xbox 360

Japan
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - Square Enix - PSP

Europe
Darksiders - Vigil, THQ - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

North America gets the turn-into-a-dragon WRPG, Divinity II, which Europe has already been playing for over a month now, as well as a budget reprint of Fable II.

North America and Europe both get a chance to try out THQ's Zelda-meets-the-apocolypse action-RPG, Darksiders, which I know a lot of people have been looking forward to.

Japan, meanwhile, gets the latest Kingdom Hearts, and all portable-like for those long commutes.

Overall, its not a bad haul, especially for the first week of the year. It happens to be my birthday today (!!!), so I believe I will treat myself to a new game. ;)

Anything looking worth it to you this week?

For the first week of the year, not actually a bad showing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brandon. btw, are you looking forward to Mass Effect 2 later this month?

Brandon said...

Thanks, anon. :)

That's a tricky question. The easy answer is yes, I am looking forward to Mass Effect 2.

The complicated answer (in case you're interested) is that I always love BioWare games for their stories (and thoroughly enjoyed ME1), but I'm always a bit cautious of their gameplay. Usually, this cautious attitude prevents me from buying BioWare games right when they come out.

Since I already have a lot to play this month (including other January releases and Christmas presents), it's likely that I won't buy ME2 until a month or two later.

Too much information? Maybe. ;)

Sav said...

darksiders an bayonetta (while not an rpg of course lol) are both worth playing.

anyway i didn't like mass effect too much, but apparently 2 is supposed to be vastly improved gameplay wise among other things.

so yea i'll play it.