Friday, January 22, 2010

Atlus Announces Persona 3 Portable for North America

Just in case you haven't played Persona 3 enough yet, Atlus has revealed that they will be bringing their PSP port of the rather successful little (actually quite large) RPG to North America.

For the uninitiated (and just what is wrong with you if you haven't played Persona 3 yet?!), Persona 3 follows a group of Japanese high school students who awake to the reality of a "hidden hour" everyday in which demons roam our world freely searching for humans to feed on. Using the mysterious power known as 'persona,' these teenagers seek to unravel the secrets of the 'Dark Hour' while balancing their school and social lives.

The PSP port contains various additional features to the original game, the most significant of which is the ability to play as a female protagonist in order to build different social links and romances.

She has a pretty cool character design, but I don't know how interested I am in hitting on dudes. Just a personal preference.

Persona 3 Portable will be available in North America for PSP via traditional UMD or downloadable via PSN on July 6, 2010. It is already available in Japan.

As much as I love Persona 3, I just can't see myself going out of my way to pick this up again. I bought Persona 3 FES, and honestly never touched it. But if you like to game on the go and missed out on this the first two times, might as well go for this one.

[Persona 3 Portable Official Site]

3 comments:

Billy said...

I'm excited for this. I've progressed about 25 hours into FES and have really enjoyed the experience, but there's just something daunting about such a huge and complex game... it's going to take me months or years to beat it unless I stop playing anything else and put my entire focus on it.

Having the game in portable format so I can play in bite size chunks and suspend the game at any time (plus, frankly, easy mode) makes Persona a much more reasonable proposition for someone without all the free time in the world for games.

Plus, I'm totally going to hit on the chicks as the female protagonist.

sav said...

^lol

not like we all didn't see this coming.

damn u atlus, announce a new smt game for 360/ps3 already.

furei kinoko said...

I Just waiting Persona 4 Portable and Persona 5 for PS3,Wii,and XBOX 360!