Friday, January 22, 2010

Old News: EA Announces Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings

It's no secret that I enjoyed BioWare's latest WRPG, Dragon Age: Origins. Easily my second favourite RPG of 2009. I've been playing it more or less consistently, and I think I'm finally getting close to wrapping up the main story.

Tiny, overpriced morsels of DLC aside, I couldn't help but wonder when I would get a chance to experience more of Dragon Age's world. Well, EA and BioWare have recently revealed that the wait won't be as long as I might have thought.

Coming this March, EA will be releasing Dragon Age: Origin's first 'official expansion,' Awakening.

Awakening reportedly takes place after the events of Origins, and puts the player in the position of the new Commander of the Grey Wardens. Players can choose to keep their original character, or start fresh with a new character from Orlais with a new origin.

Unlike the DLC packets which typically unlock a small amount of additional content, Awakening will introduce full story complete with five new recruitable characters (plus apparently one 'favourite' from the main game).

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening will reportedly be available on March 16, 2010 in either digital or retail versions, and will set you back $39.99 regardless of your platform choice.

I don't usually buy add-ons to games, but this sounds actually pretty tempting.

[Official Dragon Age: Origins Website]

No comments: