Tuesday, October 13, 2009

GameTrailers Previews Magna Carta II

Namco Bandai has a commitment to keeping the JRPG genre going in Japan. With titles announced regularly for every major platform thinkable, many of their franchises are extremely well-known and well-loved in their home market.

North America, however, is a different story. Not only does Namdai release less than half of their own RPGs, the ones they do release get barely even an announcement from the publisher. So, though I tend to enjoy Namdai's RPGs very much, I find I have a difficult time finding things to say about their titles.

Thankfully, GameTrailers has graciously provided us with a short video preview of Namdai's upcoming Magna Carta II that really gives viewers a good overview of what the title is all about.

Check it out below.



Magna Carta II is available for Xbox 360 today in North America, and will be available on October 16, 2009 in Europe. It has been available in Japan since August.

5 comments:

Billy said...

I'm surprised that both this and Valhalla Knights for Wii are out already, and neither one has any official reviews online. It's like they may as well not exist.

Brandon said...

Namdai has to be infamous for never telling anyone they're releasing a JRPG. most people don't even know they make RPGs here in NA.

someone in their PR department needs to be fired. (assuming they have a PR department)

as for VK, to me it looks subpar even for a Wii game. though i heard that Mitsuda composed for it, so it might be worth picking up for the soundtrack alone.

Billy said...

The graphics look pretty nice, by the way, though I kind of hate those Korean character designs. I might check this one out whenever it hits the bargain bin. And I love how the Gametrailers preview graphics prominently features a GameCube. :)

Greg said...

Brandon, will you be doing an impressions/review for Magna Carta 2?

Brandon said...

@Greg
Sure. I probably won't have the game until tonight (earliest), but as soon as I've spent some time with it, I'll write up a First 3 Hours for anyone interested.