Thursday, October 1, 2009

TGS 2009: Last Rebellion Trailer Seems Last Minute

Some of you may have forgotten about Last Rebellion (not that I would blame you, the game is flying pretty low even on my radar). It's Hit Maker's first home console RPG (they've only done handheld titles up until now, as far as I know), and being published by Nippon Ichi (their usual publisher).

Last Rebellion's premise is still fairly unclear to me, but somehow deals with a warrior named Nine and a sealer named Aisha who share the same soul (or something along those lines).

Anyways, before I sound any more uneducated on this title, I'll just point you to the newest trailer that debuted at TGS. Check it out below.



You know, I don't claim to be completely versed in all the finest points of making a game trailer, but it seems to me that making 80% of a trailer out of static art is kind of a cop-out. The bits of gameplay shown looked interesting, but I really need to see how the game moves on its own, and I'll buy the artbook if I like looking at the concept art. Just my two cents.

Last Rebellion will be available for PlayStation 3 sometime this Winter in Japan.

2 comments:

Billy said...

I don't know why NIS bothers with these PS3 games that look like Wii games, when they could just put it on the Wii in the first place.

Brandon said...

exactly.