Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trailer Tuesday: Dragon Quest VI Trailer Looks Like Dragon Quest

If you are one of those people that loves Dragon Quest because the feel of the games never really changes, then you are going to absolutely love the below trailer for Square Enix's 3rd DS remake of the big-in-Japan series. Really, it's Dragon Quest to a 'T.'



I still have no idea what makes these games as popular as they are in Japan. Don't get me wrong, I have moments of really enjoying Dragon Quest, but they are far from my favorite RPG series, and certainly not the first series I would recommend to someone just getting their feet wet in JRPGs.

Anyhow, Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi (to be subtitled Realms of Reverie in North America) will be available someday on Nintendo DS in Japan, North America, and Europe.

2 comments:

Billy said...

I really hope this comes out over here. I know it's been announced, but apparently IV did not sell too well and Square Enix decided to print like ten copies of V so it instantly became hard to find. I'm a little afraid that they'll just opt out of translating VI.

Also, Ar tonelico III for PS3 was just announced, I saw it on Silicon Era. Hmm, I wonder if there's any chance for a 360 release for that one. Probably not. :(

Brandon said...

@Billy
Yeah, just saw the Ar Tonelico III thing this morning. I'll probably have that up later today.

As for DQVI, I can't really say for sure either way, but my guess is that they will bring it over, though to little or no fanfare.