Thursday, July 2, 2009

Square Enix Announces Final Fantasy Gaiden: Hikari no 4 Senshi

I need some kind of a witty opening line here, but I can't really think of one. What you need to know is that Square Enix is releasing a "new" 3D Final Fantasy game for the Nintendo DS. It's called Final Fantasy Gaiden: Hikari no 4 Senshi (Final Fantasy Side-Story: The 4 Warriors of Light).

Observant readers may have noticed that I used "quotation marks" around the word "new" in the previous paragraph, indicating a sort of sarcastic tone. You may be wondering why. And I would reply that though this appears to be an original title, it is (so far) completely bereft of originality.

A game about 4 young warriors who come together to embark on an adventure due to the Kingdom's princess getting kidnapped by an evil witch! OMG! Call the patent office before someone steals this idea!

Seriously though. Why don't they just come out and say, "We don't actually have anymore game ideas right now, so we're remaking Final Fantasy I. Again. For the upteenth time. On DS."

I guess the good news is that they aren't touching my beloved Final Fantasy VI with their ungodly fugly-DS-remake stick. Yet.

Final Fantasy Gaiden: Hikari no 4 Senshi will be available for Nintendo DS sometime this Autumn in Japan.

No comments: