Monday, July 13, 2009

RPGs of the Week: Re-re-re-remade Edition

Welcome to another slow summer week. There's honestly not much hitting shelves this week (again), but maybe that's just game publishers telling us that we should go play outside more in the summer. Or something. I don't know. I'm just guessing.

Anyway, here's what's hitting store shelves around the world this week (July 13 - 17, 2009):

North America
WarpForce - Artix - PC

Japan
Infinite Undiscovery (Platinum Collection) - tri-Ace, Microsoft, Square Enix - Xbox 360
Tears to Tiara: Kakan no Daichi (AquaPrice) - Aqua Plus - PlayStation 3
Ys I & II Chronicles - Falcom - PSP

Europe
(none)

WarpForce is a free-to-play MMO from the team behind Adventure Quest (which you may be familiar with if you're into free-to-play MMOs). On a normal week, it probably wouldn't get a mention, simply because I don't really follow MMOs. But in the midst of the summer game drought, I try to take what I'm given.

Japan has things a little better this week with the newest Ys remake, this time for PSP. They also have budget releases for Infinite Undiscovery and Tears to Tiara, in case people were on the fence and needed a price drop to be convinced. ...But let's be honest. Japanese gamers are playing Dragon Quest IX this week.

Europe, unfortunately, doesn't get any RPGs this week.

Anything look worthwhile to you this week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hopefully both ys psp games get localized.

but a forum added to the blog would be good.

i believe that would bring in some more people to post/comment.

i think the current poll about old jrpgs would be a good topic for discussion aswell.

anyways i voted for LoL (legaia) series, it was definitely one of my favs all time, even if there were only 2 games.

BoF was my second choice, a classic series for sure.

either way, goob job on the blog man, i check it quite often.

Brandon said...

hi anon,

I'm sure someone like Atlus will at least pick up Ys 7, but there will probably be a bit of a wait.

I'm glad you like the blog. It would definitely be nice to have forums, but I'm not really in the position of being able to keep up with or moderate them. Sorry. But I agree that forums would definitely encourage a lot more interaction.

As for the poll, I would personally love to see a (good) return to the Lufia series. The GB titles were so poor I don't really consider them part of the series.

Unknown said...

I disagree anon, I do not wish to see another legaia ever. I found them very tidius and what not.

I do agree BoF does need to make a come back, I think that BOF: Dragon Quater got the hype it deserved, it is one of the best games I have ever played. The series just kept getting better. It was too bad they stopped making them.

As for the lufia game yes the orignals where good. but a the game boy ones weren't anything special. if they bought it back they would need to do something orignal with the series... that doesn't include making another lufia pokemon game or a game with lame random dungeons.

Unknown said...

never.. never got the hype