Friday, July 10, 2009

Nippon Ichi Announces Antiphona no Seika Hime

I know I'm the minority on this one, but I really liked Nippon Ichi when they were making their Marl Kingdom games (the game in this series you would be most familiar with was called Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure in North America). The Disgaea series is okay, I guess. I just thought that the Marl Kingdom series had a charm about it that Disgaea never really matched.

But alas, Disgaea made way more money than Rhapsody, so here we are.

However, it seems like there's someone over at Nippon Ichi that still thinks fondly upon the yesteryear of Marl Kingdom, as the little developer has come forward to announce a spiritual successor to the series in Antiphona no Seika Hime: Tenshi no Gakufu Op.A for PSP. Yuck, that's a long name to spell out. It translates to something like Hymn Princess of Antiphona: Angelica Score Op.A (I don't know what the Op.A part is - maybe there will be an Op.B at some point?)

The game follows a young girl named Miabelle as she embarks on a journey to get her older sister's voice back from the Demon King. Besides the decidedly feminine style of the game, AnSH also reportly features musical cut scenes, very reminiscent of Marl Hime titles.


Antiphona no Seika Hime: Tenshi no Gakufu Op.A will be available for PSP, though no specific date has been announced at this time.

4 comments:

zerolocked said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zerolocked said...

Nice, do you know how the battle system works?

Also this is kinda off topic, but have you heard of the game Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy? If so do you plan on covering it, or have played it? (I know It's all ready been released in Japan)

Brandon said...

Sorry, I don't know anything about the battle system at the moment. The scans are hard to see well, but I didn't see anything about battles while I was browsing through. I'll let you know when I know.

As for Mana Khemia 2, NIS hasn't said much about the game to the press, so it hasn't been at the front of my mind. It's coming out next month over here (North America) and will have a premium boxset much like Mana Khemia 1 and Ar Tonelico II.

The official English website has lots of info on the game if you're interested (www.nisamerica.com/games/mk2).

I will be picking it up next month, and if you'd like I'll do a First 3 Hours.

zerolocked said...

A first 3 hours would be awesome!