Monday, June 15, 2009

RPGs of This Week and Last Week: Where Have I Been Edition

Greetings from the afterlife! Last week was saw so much going on at work that I barely had time to breathe, let alone pay much attention to RPG news. In an effort to make up for lost time, I will be covering not only the RPG releases of this current week (which are rather disappointing, in case you wanted a heads-up), but also taking a look at what came out last week! Unbelievable!

Let's get to it.

Here are the RPGs shipping to retailers this week (June 15 - 19, 2009):

North America
(none)

Japan
Fortune Summoners Deluxe - Lizsoft, Jungle Japan - PC
Generation Xth: Code Realize - Experience - PC

Europe
(none)

Not much unless you're into indie Japanese PC games. Nothing wrong with them, in fact they're probably pretty fun, but they don't give us a ton to talk about.

Anyways, here are the RPGs that you may have missed last week (June 9 - 12, 2009):

North America
Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled - Studio Archcraft, Graffiti - Nintendo DS
Class of Heroes - Zerodiv, Atlus - PSP

Japan
Mugen Senro - Platinum Games, Sega - Nintendo DS
Ragnarok Online (Memorial Package) - Gravity Corporation, E-Frontier - PC

Europe
Dragonica - Barunson Interactive, gPotato - PC

Hm. Impressively enough, Black Sigil actually did for reals release! I know, I thought Hell might have frozen over or something. That said, I have yet to see a copy in a regular walk-in-and-buy-something store, so you'll probably have to get it online somewhere if you want it. I have personally put in a few hours into it already, so if you'd like a First 3 Hours impression, let me know in the comments.

Anything looking sweet to you as we head into the long summer dearth?

2 comments:

Shryver said...

I was also really suprised by Black Sigil's release.

I also tried it 2 or 3 hours (on a linker though)

It's actually quite good, even if there are some weak points (a fight every 2 steps? awww man !)

But the Chrono-Trigger-likeness makes so game so enjoyable ... :)

I haven't checked out the others games of the last 2 weeks, but i think i'll do it soon (kinda busy right now)

one last word : happy to see you again ! =)

Brandon said...

@Shryver: Yeah, Black Sigil is very enjoyable in a 16-bit way. I am also hating the UNBELIEVABLY HIGH encounter rate, but the story is interesting enough, and the graphics and music compelling enough to keep me interested.

And it's good to be back! :)